Rossi Ralenkotter Named Chair of the National Advisory Committee on Travel and Tourism Infrastructure
Rossi Ralenkotter, president and CEO of the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority, has been appointed chair of the new National Advisory Committee on Travel and Tourism Infrastructure by Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx. The passage of the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act in December 2015 helped facilitate the creation of the NACTTI, which serves to provide information, advice and recommendations to develop a national strategy for ensuring U.S. transportation polices align with the needs of travelers.
“It is an honor to serve as chair and an inaugural member of this prestigious national committee,” Ralenkotter said. “Tourism is reliant on safe and efficient transportation infrastructure, so our industry leaders are excited to have a role in providing our insight to the Department of Transportation and transportation agencies across the country. The travel industry has a tremendous impact on the economy and helps support hundreds of thousands of jobs nationwide. I look forward to working with fellow committee members and promoting the importance of the travel and tourism industry.”
Having worked in the travel and tourism industry for more than 40 years, Ralenkotter was also a technical advisory committee member of Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval’s Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee. He also serves on the board of Brand USA. Ralenkotter was nominated to the NACTTI by the U.S. Travel Association, where he previously served as a chairman. Of the 25 NACTTI appointees, 13 are members of the U.S. Travel Association. The 24 other travel and tourism professionals who were appointed to the NACTTI are:
- Vice Chair: The Honorable Mark Begich, President and CEO, Northern Compass Group, LLC
- Rosemarie Andolino, President & CEO, MAG USA
- Todd Davidson, Chief Executive Officer, Travel Oregon
- Brad Dean, President and CEO, Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
- James Dubea, Deputy Executive Director, Canaveral Port Authority
- The Honorable Buddy Dyer, Mayor, City of Orlando
- Camille Ferguson, Executive Director, American Indian Alaska Native Tourism Association
- Sean Fitzgerald, Vice-President, Enterprise Holdings, Inc.
- Ford Fuchigami, Director, Hawaii Department of Transportation
- Gladys Gillis, Chief Executive Officer, Transportation Demand Management, Inc.
- Bryan Grimaldi, Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, NYC & Company, Inc.
- The Honorable Mitchell Landrieu, Mayor, City of New Orleans
- Valarie Long, International Executive Vice-President, Service Employees International Union
- Joseph Lopano, Chief Executive Officer, Tampa International Airport
- Jim Mathews, President and CEO, National Association of Railroad Passengers
- Sean Menke, Executive Vice-President, Sabre
- Peter Pantuso, President and CEO, American Bus Association
- Sharon Pinkerton, Senior Vice-President, Airlines for America
- John Potter, President and CEO, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Cathy Ritter, Director, Colorado Tourism Office
- Jim Sayer, Executive Director, Adventure Cycling Association
- Anne Taber Klenke, Tourism Director, Lake Charles/Southwest Louisiana Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Diana Threadgill, President and Executive Director, Mississippi River Corridor – Tennessee
- Charles Zelle, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Transportation
Category: PEOPLE & PLACES