The Myrtle Beach area is an ideal setting where business and pleasure go hand-in-hand. With 12 towns stretched across 60 miles of beautiful beaches, properties with plenty of room accommodations, over-the-top meeting space and facilities, spectacular views, and more. We make it easy for you to plan customized, exceptional meetings or events!
Here are some of the top reasons to choose the Myrtle Beach Area for your next meeting.
- Spacious Facilities and Diverse Accommodations: With over 40 conference hotels, our accommodations and facilities are designed to exceed the needs of travelers who are accustomed to the best. Complementing our accommodations and facilities is the Myrtle Beach Convention Center with 250,000 square-feet of flexible meeting and exhibit space, 3000 rooms with in 1 mile, culinary experts, state-of-the-art technology and supporting staff, all of which create an ideal environment for productivity and innovation.
- Convenient Airport:, Myrtle Beach International Airport is served by six major airline carriers, with direct service from over 30 major U.S. cities. Flying to the Myrtle Beach area is quick and effortless with so many well-known carriers including Allegiant Air, Delta, Spirit, United, and American. As well as Porter Air and West Jet for our Canadian visitors.
- Grow Attendance: Groups want to come to the Myrtle Beach area because their attendees want to come here! With proven success in growing group attendance, the Myrtle Beach area is also known for its 60 miles of beautiful beaches, gracious Southern hospitality, ocean breezes, and a sunny and mild year-round climate. Watch your group attendance numbers climb to new heights in Myrtle Beach!
- Remarkable Entertainment: The Myrtle Beach area has just about every recreation, entertainment, dining, and shopping option imaginable. Unwind with an abundance of sizzling nightlife and amazing live entertainment choices. Discover new gourmet delights and authentic Coastal Carolina cuisine with plenty of fresh, local seafood from the many quaint fishing villages bordering the area, with dining options ranging from casual to cafe to fine dining. Play endless rounds of championship golf on over 100 golf courses. Spend free-time shopping at our outlet malls and local specialty boutiques. A must-see is the mile-long boardwalk that traverses between two piers, lined with shopping and dining opportunities with the best view on the beach it’s the perfect place to refresh and relax.
For true southern charm plan an outing at one of the many plantation homes, where tea at high noon or a picnic under beautiful oak trees isn’t out of the ordinary.
- Sports Facilities – Come for the Games, Stay for the Fun! Each year, new event organizers select the Myrtle Beach area as the destination for their annual events, drawing thousands of athletes and spectators to its state-of-the-art facilities. For sports as varied as baseball, softball, and track and field, the Myrtle Beach area is an ideal venue for competitive athletics.
Some of the facilities include, Doug Shaw Stadium, a world-class track made of a full pour polyurethane synthetic surface with embedded texture, capable of hosting all Olympic Track & Field events. Complete with state-of-the-art video board and “FieldTurf” infield for football and soccer. Facilities, such as the Grand Park Athletic Complex includes four soccer fields, one football field, four youth fields (baseball and softball), six multipurpose fields (baseball, softball, soccer or lacrosse), an in-line skate park and a small batting cage. Pepper Geddings, the City of Myrtle Beach complex includes 2 football fields and 7 baseballs fields, indoor 6 lane swimming pool and full sized basketball court. The North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex includes 6 baseball/softball fields, as well as natural grass soccer lacrosse fields and all the amenities you would need.
The 100,000-square-foot exhibit hall at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center also makes the perfect setting for cheer, dance and other non-traditional sporting events. The Sheraton Hotel is adjacent to the convention center making for an onsite host hotel with 400 rooms. Adjacent to the the convention Center is the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, 100,000 square foot indoor complex perfect for hosting basketball, volleyball, mat sports and more.
Also available are multiple sports facilities at Coastal Carolina University including The HTC Center with seating for 3200 for sports, concerts and more. CCU has baseball, softball, football, tennis and soccer facilities as well.
- Superior CVB Support: We pride ourselves in finding a way to deliver to meet and exceed your expectations, for whatever your group’s desire. Our experienced staff is ready to help –no one knows the area better than they do!
Category: SITE SELECTOR